Plant a Tree
- The perfect 'green' gift
- Experience the joy of planting your own tree
- Create a place of beauty for future generations
- Reduce the negative impact of climate change
Come and join us
Each year hundreds of people, from all across the country help us by planting a tree, or group of trees. They know their tree will be part of a forest that is absorbing carbon and reducing the impact of climate change. They know their forest is a place of beauty for people of all ages to enjoy.
The next planting event will be held on Saturday 30 November 2013.
For any occasion
You do not necessarily need a special reason to plant a tree but it does make a much loved, living gift to celebrate occasions such as:
- In memory
- Valentine's Day
- Mother's Day
- Father's Day
- Birth of a baby
Taking part in Plant a Tree
In return for supporting the Plant a Tree scheme you will be able to design and download your own certificate. You can also choose to receive:
- An invitation to a special tree planting event
- A choice of tree to plant on the day of the event
- The advice and expertise of our foresters
- We can also plant on your behalf if you choose, or prefer not to attend
Or donate to Comedy Wood, our partnership with Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival.
Each tree is £25 which reflects the true cost of creating and developing the new woodland, including further care and maintenance of the site.
The tree planting season runs from November to March which is when the trees are in their dormant phase allowing them to be moved to their new home in The National Forest.
The next planting event will be held on Saturday 30 November 2013 at Hicks Lodge, The National Forest Cycle Centre near Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire.