Woodland Management in The National Forest
The National Forest Company (NFC) is running an innovative programme and Woodland Management Grant to encourage effective woodland management throughout the 200 square miles of The National Forest.
The aims of the programme are:
- promote and secure Woodland Management Plans;
- develop the local woodland economy and timber markets;
- maximise the potential of each site in keeping with the aspirations of the woodland owner;
- ensure management work is planned and undertaken sustainably;
- encourage the management of woodland for its forestry, landscape, biodiversity and recreation value;
- develop a resilient Forest that can adapt to climate change, help to sequester carbon and are robust to the challenges faced by tree pests and diseases.
The woodland management programme encourages good practice amongst all woodland owners in The National Forest, and is equally applicable to community groups who may be interested in taking on the management of woodland near where they live.
For more information please contact:
The National Forest Company, Bath Yard, Moira, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 6BA
or contact us