Tourism Small Grants
To support the implementation of the National Forest Tourism Growth Plan, the National Forest Company is piloting a new Tourism Small Grants programme.
The new grant fund is designed to support new start-up and existing tourism businesses to bring forward new investment in ‘on brand’ product development opportunities outlined in the Tourism Growth Plan, or for groups or consortia of businesses to work together collaboratively to deliver new marketing activity or experiences designed to target the higher spending visitors outlined in the Plan.
Grants will be awarded to support the delivery of the Tourism Growth Plan’s core investment principles which are to:
- lead with the Forest brand;
- develop distinctive visitor experiences and new product development opportunities that bring the brand to life;
- create great places that existing and new visitor markets want to visit;
- communicate what makes the Forest special, with a strong single voice.
All applications must demonstrate:
- strong strategic alignment to the Tourism Growth Plan (all projects)
- value for money (all projects)
- project viability and deliverability (all projects)
- strong digital focus and creation of digital content (collaborative marketing and experience development projects)
- effective partnerships and collaboration (collaborative marketing and experience development projects)
- achievable and measurable growth targets (collaborative marketing and experience development projects)
In 2018/2019, £20,000 of funding will be available to support a small number of pilot projects that align with the ambitions of the Tourism Growth Plan. The fund is designed to complement, not to duplicate, other grant funds including EAFRD Tourism Infrastructure grants. Therefore, in this pilot year, only revenue funded project grant applications will be considered, not capital funding applications.
For more information and to discuss how to apply, please contact:
The National Forest Company, Bath Yard, Moira, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 6BA