Cookie Usage Policy
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Different cookies are used for different purposes. The most commonly used cookies are as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionality /preference cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Statistics/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. None of this information can be used to identify you, it is all aggregated and therefore anonymized.
- Marketing/Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, the links you have followed, where you have come from and your online activity. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can learn more about the individual cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them below.
Turning Cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world's websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
What cookies does http://www.nationalforest.org use?
The table below provides an overview of the cookies used on our website, including details of who sets each cookie, its purpose, when it expires, and, if relevant, how you can find out further information.
|Cookie Type||Name||Purpose||Lifetime of Cookie|
|Essential site cookies||
|These cookies manage cookie preferences for users and hold information on the users session.||
|Google Analytics/ Google tag manager (Non-essential)||
The cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Social Media/Advertising (Non essential)||
These cookies are used to allow users to share content from this website on social media platforms, and helps us to collect performance information for our advertising campaigns. These cookies help to track and measure behaviour of visitors across the web, so we can deliver relevant advertisements on social media and digital platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google.
Rang: 1 day - 3 months
IDE - 1 year